Field development, optimisation, re-development with or without Earth Modeling Data
The aim of Octopus is to provide a practical tool that will enhance the engineering capabilities of the office based engineer involved in field development. This application is used to assist in the optimised design of multi-well field development projects by:
- Reducing the cost of an Oil/Gas Field development drilled from Offshore Platforms or Land Clusters by optimising the total drilling length of the Prospect. (Platform Positioning, Well Profiles, etc. using graphical visualisation).
- Giving quick results to 2 questions:
- - Estimated Time to drill?
- - Cost to drill?
- Sharing the results of the optimisation (Well Profiles, Position Uncertainties, etc,) with the user of an Earth Modelling Application.
- Reducing the time spent on Drilling Optimisation.
- Analysing Statistical Well Cost.
Through an export function, Octopus allows Users to transfer all the pre-planned wells of any given project to DSP-One, thus saving weeks of tedious work.
- All In One
- User friendly Interface
- Analyse various scenarios effortlessly
- Smoothly adapt your plans to new constraints
- Optimisation of trajectories to slot allocations
- Quick, powerful and easy drilling campaign planning
- Data link to Earth Model
- Computes uncertainties at target depth
- Wells Plans can be shared into DSP-One, saving further data input time
- Powerful anti-collision tools
- Made by Drilling Engineers for Drilling Engineers
Optimising a multi-well field development project requires the selection of the best location for platform/cluster so that the overall cost of drilling, completing and maintaining all the wells throughout their life cycle may be minimized.
It is therefore essential to perform extensive engineering calculations early in the planning stage of the field development project to analyse all the alternative development options and determine which one will give the lowest life cycle cost.
Octopus eliminates guesswork by enabling engineers to rapidly perform the thousands of calculations necessary to determine the optimum location(s) from which to drill the required wells based on minimizing the total footage to be drilled.
Octopus is also used to optimise further development of existing fields: identifying the wells and drilling location(s) as constraints and using Octopus to optimise the design and planning of additional wells to achieve new subsurface targets.
An accurate well planning process including drilling times and costs can be drawn. In addition, “Octopus” will evaluate all potential collision risks and return the deviated well position uncertainties for each well to the earth model.
Connected to DSP-One
Octopus is fully linked with the drilling engineering package DSP-One, just one click and the full project is transferred to the DSP-One application.